It’s crockpot season and I couldn’t be more excited! There’s something so convenient about about tossing ingredients in a crockpot and letting it cook while you go about your day. This Lemon Quinoa Chicken Soup is the perfect recipe to warm you up on a cold day, make you feel better when you’re sick, and store in the fridge for a healthy meal option all week.
I’ve received a number of questions about ways to eat healthy throughout the week when schedules get hectic. One of the best tips I have is to utilize the power of leftovers!! Preparing a larger meal early in the week is a great way to have leftovers to divide up into many meals throughout the week. When I made this soup, I had it for dinner, packed it for lunch the next day and had it available as a healthy snack all week long! I’m excited for you guys to try this super simple recipe. It’s crazy easy, tasty and loaded with fresh and healthy ingredients. Find the complete recipe below!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, whole
- 6-8 c chicken stock
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ c uncooked, rinsed quinoa
- ¼ c green onion, sliced
- feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large crockpot, add olive oil, white onion, garlic, chicken breasts, chicken stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper and quinoa.
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours, or low heat for 4-5 hours.
- After cook time has competed, remove chicken breasts from the crock pot.
- Place chicken on a plate and shred with a fork.
- Add sliced green onions and shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Serve hot and top with feta cheese.
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe!