I was a sophomore in high school the first time I made this delicious summer time treat. Before heading over to a friends house for a bonfire, I saw golden graham cereal, mini marshmallows and chocolate in my pantry and decided to get creative. I combined the three into the perfect summer trail mix. It ended up being so popular at that first summer bonfire that I’ve been making it ever since. The most recent batch I made (pictured in this blog post) was made for a weekend at a friend’s cabin. I made the mistake of breaking it our for the car ride up, and it never actually made it to the cabin. Oops. Make this sweet and crunchy treat for your next movie night, bonfire or weekend at the cabin. And make lots, its addictive.
- 1. golden grahams cereal
- 2. milk chocolate almond bark
- 3. mini marshmallows (I used jet puffed marshmallow bits, they are similar to the mini marshmallows found in hot chocolate packets)
- parchment paper
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour graham cereal onto the parchment paper in single layer. Add enough so that the parchment paper is covered in the cereal.
- Microwave your milk chocolate almond bark for 1:30, then stir. Microwave in additional 10 second increments until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the golden graham cereal. Be sure to do this step immediately after melting before the chocolate re-solidifies, almond bark is known to melt and harden very quickly!
- Before the chocolate cools onto the cereal, sprinkle marshmallow bits over the cereal so that they adhere to the melted chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator.
- The melted chocolate will hold much of the trail mix together. Break it up into smaller pieces and store in a tupperware container.
- Store in the refrigerator, or in a cool place to avoid melting the chocolate.
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to add it to your Pinterest board of must try recipes! Move your cursor over the image and click the “Pin It” button in the upper left hand corner from your desktop computer, or press the pin it button at the bottom of the screen from your mobile device. Thank you for sharing!